Tired of the usual Ilocos road trip and taking photos similar to other tourists?
If you want a more personal experience of Ilocos and make a difference, "Discovery Adams" should be your backpacking itinerary. It is a real off the beaten path adventure and photo safari trip in a rarely visited destination up North.
Our journey to Adams starts by leaving the cemented roads the national highway of Pagudpud to use an off-road track, cross free flowing rivers and hanging bridges, via a 45-minute motorbike ride traversing the mountains of Ilocos and Cagayan Valley.
Because of its high elevation, clean mountain air, and rich soil, the valley of Adams is home to some of the most flavorful and rare fruit wines of the Philippines made from different exotic berries, passion fruit, just to name a few.
Meeting the different indigenous tribes of Adams while they give us a personalized tour of their wine cellars and wineries, is one of the highlights of this trip. An afternoon wine buzz in the cool climate of Adams wouldn't hurt at all!
If we are not tasting exotic wines and having endless chats, we are hiking w/ a local mountain guide to visit one of Adam's hidden water falls.
After the hike, refresh yourself by water-tubing on pristine main river, then a tribal show matched with local food specialities paired w/ a bottle of wine over a sulu-lit dinner by the river.
Saying good bye to your favorite hotel room is easy while staying in one of Adams' home stays. Each home stay comes with breakfast and hot chocolate grown in their backyards to start your morning right.
"Discovery Adams" supports travel volunteerism and community based tourism endeavors. During our stay, we can share ideas on how to improve tourism, donate our pictures, or lend extra hands (depending on the season) in making their chocolates and wines. This will surely go a long way.
Check out other details below -
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
- Trip to Adams
- Wine tasting while visiting cellars and wineries
- Sulu-lit dinner and tribal show by the river
- Stay in a cozy home stay
- Hike to Anuplig Water Falls and Lover's Peak
- Water tubing
- Use of Panzian Resort, Pagudpud
- Backpacking away from the crowded tourist spots of Ilocos
- Travel writing and photography enthusiasts
- Travel volunteerism
Group Size: Minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 travelers
Required Fitness Level: 1-2
Levels based on frequency of exercise per week:
- 1: Once
- 2: Twice
- 3: Thrice a week
- 4: Four times a week
- 5: Daily
- 3 breakfast meals
- 3 lunch meals
- 2 dinner meals and 1 outdoor dinner
- Overnight bus to Pagudpud and back to Manila
- Motorbike from Pagudpud to Adams
Accommodation Included: Home Stay
- Thursday night, for a weekend trip.
- It's a backpacking trip so packing light is wise.
- We are not staying in a hotel. Concierge, etc., can be waived off for now while trying the unforgettable Adams home stay hospitality.
- Trip is good for all kinds of camera types, point and shoot or DSLR.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- It's time to experience Filipino culture, have a free flowing travel vibe.
Price: Php 8,700.00/traveler
* tax included
"Discovery Adams" is one of photographer & writer Jeck Simbulan's favorite destinations he explored when completing the story "Wine Tasting in Adams" found on Issue 2/Volume 2 of "Republic of 7107 Island Travel Magazine."
Jeck developed a special relationship with the wine makers of Adams that enabled him to discover details that can make another traveler's experience personal and unique.
Call Jeck at 09178402439 or email at email@example.com if you want to book now or customize an itinerary according to your group's needs.